Get well wish to a great theologian


This hymn was posted on Ravi Zacharias Facebook page. For those of you who do not know, he loves poetry and hymns, and so do we at R-Related Religion. Ravi is a great theologian and evangelist and all our prayers and hopes go out to him and his family as he battles a wretched disease. Please take the time to read the hymn and follow Ravi's ministry. It will guard you with the truth that is deprived in the Christian community these days.  We offer this prayer for him during his recovery:

Thanksgiving for a beginning of recovery:
O Lord, your compassions never fail, and your mercies are new
every morning: We give you thanks for giving our brother Ravi Zacharias
both relief from pain and hope of health renewed. Continue
in him, we pray, the good work you have begun; that he, daily
increasing in bodily strength, and rejoicing in your goodness,
may so order his life that he may always think and do those
things that please you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"Lord, it belongs not to my care."

1 Lord, it belongs not to my care
whether I die or live:
to love and serve thee is my share,
and this thy grace must give.

2 Christ leads me through no darker rooms
than he went through before;
he that into God's kingdom comes
must enter by this door.

3 Come, Lord, when grace hath made me meet
thy blessed face to see;
for if thy work on earth be sweet,
what will thy glory be!

4 Then shall I end my sad complaints
and weary, sinful days,
and join with the triumphant saints
that sing my Saviour's praise.

5 My knowledge of that life is small,
the eye of faith is dim;
but 'tis enough that Christ knows all,
and I shall be with him.

 - Richard Baxter (1681)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156983105531813&id=42463176812&sfnsn=mo

 





Comments

Popular Posts